Monday, March 2, 2009

A dip into Instant Karma

I'm glad I named this blog The Kaleidoscope Kitchen, because all over the place it shall be.

I thought I'd found one of my life's passions in baking recently, but the sugar overload of baking three times a week plus has driven me back into the arms of real food and nutrients. So out come the vegetables. Now I'll have to post some deliciousness for what most of you people have been eating for dinner, while I was eating apple tart. I love the kitchen fires representing more than just something that tastes good- desserts feel sweet and fun and happy and I love those qualities in life. But healthy food also represents nourishment, something I crave for body and soul. So I shall temper nourishment with bits of sweet, perhaps. But this is a kaleidoscope, I suppose, so you never know what food I'll be in love with next!

For now though, I simply wanted to share some thoughts from one of those awesome books you buy filled with inspiration, that you dip into and love, then forget about for a year or two. Here's a taste:

~There are no mistakes in life, only lessons.

~Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. (Paul Sondreal)

~Be kind to a pushy salesperson.

~Never speak loudly to each other, unless the house is on fire.

~Look at people when they speak to you.

~Strive for progress, not perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment